The AmsterDance activities as you find them on the website are managed using a set of Google Calendars. These calendars are public, which means that you can import them into your calendar app, such as your own Google account. This way you can see the AmsterDance activities directly in your own calendar app.
You can find exactly how to do this using this support page of Google. The step-by-step instructions are also detailed below.
Other calendar apps
This is also possible for other calendar tools than Google Calendar. The links below are public URLs to iCal files. Feel free to use Google to find out how to import these into your own app or ask the board for help.
Importing into Google Calendar
Are you using Google Calendar? Use below steps for each calendar you want to add.
Note: this has to be done on a computer. Calendars cannot be imported on a mobile phone. After adding the calendar however, it will display in your Calendar app.
- On your computer, open Google Calendar.
- On the left, next to “Other calendars,” click Add From URL.
- Copy the URL of the calendar you want by right-clicking the link and selecting “Copy link address”.
- Enter the calendar’s address in the field provided.
- Click Add calendar. The calendar will appear on the left side under “Other calendars.”
The various calendars
You can import the following calendars. Please select the entire text in the blocks when copying the address.
- The AmsterDance Open Activities
These activities are open to non-members, such as sister associations. This agenda contains for instance the Danscafés and the Gala.
- The AmsterDance Activities
These activities are not open, meaning they are mostly meant for members only. Examples are the weekly association evenings, trips and activities organized by committees, and the General Assembly.
- The AmsterDance Lessons
This calendar contains the course schedule of the AmsterDance courses. This includes important date such as the dancing exam and trial lessons.